| Quick Search:
Full Part/Time:Full time
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) isseeking aTechnical Help Desk
Support Specialist to join our team supporting the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention (CDC) Service Desk in Atlanta, GA. In this role, you provide
100%phone support troubleshooting technical problems and advising users on the
appropriate action for resolution on a wide range of technologies and issues.
The right candidate will have impeccable attendance, excellent communication
skills and be highly skilled in multi-tasking.
The position is for full time employment and will be based at the client's
office at 1777 NE Expressway. This position will cover the 1st shift, Monday -
Friday fromaround the hours of a 7 - 9 am start and 4 - 6 pm end time.
* Provide outstanding customer support assistance via phone and email in
Windows 7, 10 and MAC environments.
* Take incoming customer requests over the telephone, log calls into the
ticket tracking system and resolve the technical issues in a timely
* Meet SLAs in a high volume callcenter environment.
* Utilize solid MS Office 2016 applicationexperience to troubleshoot
* Provide extensive support to remote customers utilizing Citrix and
troubleshooting remote access problems effectively.
* Perform some network administration tasks, including creating new users,
assigning rights, resetting passwords in Active Directory, etc.
* Troubleshoot desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices - Android,
iPhone or iOS device, Apple/Mac, Blackberries, etc.
* Troubleshoot other emerging technologies such as Skye for business, Smart
Card/CAT card support, SecurID, etc.
Required Skills / Experience:
* High School Diploma or GED and 2+ years of IT related experience
troubleshooting hardware and software, and connectivity issues.
* Professional customer service skills with the proven ability translate
* IT Helpdesk/User Support experience to include 100% telephone support for
local & remote customers using Windows 10/Office 2016 (preferably in a
high volume IT call center environment)
* Familiarity with aSLA driven environment.
* Experience troubleshooting Windows 10, MS Office 2016 and strong ability
to support MS Outlook.
* Experience troubleshooting general networking, wireless, and connectivity
problems; and knowledge/experience with remote desktop and VPN.
* Experience troubleshooting printers, desktops, laptops, tablets, and
mobiledevices such asAndroid, iPhone or iOS device, Apple/Mac,
Blackberries and any new emerging technologies.
* Software knowledge/experience with Active Directory, Internet Explorer,
* Knowledge of a Ticketing System.
* Knowledge in Citrix, Skye for business, Smart Card/CAT card support,
* Technical Certifications - such as MS Certified Desktop Support
Technician (MCDST) and MS Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA); HDI
Customer Support Specialist Certification 9CSS) or HDI Help Analyst
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES: -
* Highly skilled in multi-tasking
* Excellent communication skills
* Critical thinking skills and ability to troubleshoot
* Impeccable attendance record
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA GA Atlanta
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government,
defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform.
Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology
solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On
the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get
the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Apply For This Job: IT Help Desk Specialist